ТR CU 005/2011 establishes uniform requirements for packaging and closures that are released to the EEU market.
Packaging means any product that is designed to pack, store and transport raw materials and finished products (casings, bags, boxes, cans, cylinders, crates, etc.). Closures are products that are used to close the package in order to preserve its contents (corks, caps, dispensers).
Materials of packaging subject to TR CU 005/2011
- paper and cardboard;
- polymeric materials: polyvinyl chloride, polypropylene, polyethylene, etc;
- all types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys;
- transparent or coloured glass;
- textiles and non-woven materials;
- combination materials.
How conformity of packaging is verified
Packaging must be tested for safety according to the following indicators:
- sanitary and hygienic indicators;
- mechanical indicators;
- resistance to chemical influences;
- safe opening (for closures).
Conformity of packaging is confirmed by means of a declaration. The applicant (declarant), i.e. the person in whose name the declaration is issued, may be the manufacturer, importer (seller) and the manufacturer’s official representative. Declaration for serial products can be accepted for a period of up to 5 years. The document for a batch does not have an expiration date, it is valid only for products from a particular batch.
The declaration must be registered in the national part of a single register (FGIS FSA) in the manner approved by Government Decree of 19.06.2021 № 936.
We can help with the declaration!
Only the applicant himself can register the declaration of conformity of TR CU 005/2011. But we are ready to help you carry out the procedure according to all the rules:
- provide a list of documents that need to be collected, taking into account the conditions of your application;
- help to fill in the declaration;
- explain where and how to obtain EDS, which is required for registration of the declaration in the registry;
- check all documents;
- upload a draft of the declaration with the attached documents to the registry FGIS (you will only need to sign it with your EDS).
Packaging that meets the requirements of TR CU 005/2011 is marked with a special EAC marking.
If you as a foreign company do not have an official representative on the territory of the EEC, we are ready to carry out the procedure of compliance on our behalf.
We will agree the layout of the product approval document with you in advance to avoid possible errors in it.
The service is provided on the basis of a contract for the function of a foreign manufacturer in terms of ensuring compliance of the supplied products with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union and in terms of liability for non-compliance of the supplied products with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union.