TR CU 009/2011 establishes requirements for perfumes and cosmetics packaged in consumer packaging.
Such products are identified by the following characteristics:
- intended for external use only;
- applied to certain parts of the body;
- intended for cleansing, care and giving aesthetic appearance.
How conformity is confirmed
TR CU 009/2011 established two forms of conformity assessment: declaration and state registration.
A detailed list of products (with HS codes) that require a declaration can be found in the Decision of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission of 31.01.2013 N 12.
In general terms these are:
- cosmetic oils;
- perfume, cologne and toilet water;
- cosmetics for face care and makeup;
- manicure and pedicure products;
- shampoos and other hair care and styling products;
- oral hygiene products
- deodorants and antiperspirants;
- pre-, during-, and post-shaving preparations;
- bath salts;
- soaps and other shower products.
If the products listed above are intended for children or contain nanomaterials, they require state registration. In addition, the products listed in Annex 12 to the TR CU, in particular:
- skin tanning/bleaching products;
- hair dyes and perm/straightening products;
- tattooing cosmetics;
- intimate cosmetics;
- peelings and depilatories;
- oral products with a certain concentration of fluorides and hydrogen peroxide.
The declaration and state registration certificate can be issued to the manufacturer, seller (importer) and official representative of the foreign manufacturer.
Products manufactured in the EEU must be registered before the start of mass production, and imported products must be registered before they are imported into the EEU. The state registration certificate is issued by the authorized bodies of the member states, in Russia this is done by Rospotrebnadzor. The document is indefinite.
The declaration must be accepted by the applicant (declarant). The procedures (schemes) of declaration are described in TR CU 009/2011. Then the information about the document must be entered into the national part of the Single Register (FGIS FSA). The registry is publicly available on the website of the FSA (Rossakkreditatsiya). The registration procedure is established by RF Government Decree № 936 of 19.06.2021.
The validity of the declaration depends on the scheme applied; for serial products it can be issued for up to 5 or up to 7 years. For a batch of products it is established taking into account the shelf life of the product.
We can help with the paperwork!
Only the applicant himself can register a declaration of conformity of TR CU 009/2011. But we are ready to help you to conduct the procedure according to all the rules:
- provide a list of documents that need to be collected, taking into account the conditions of your application;
- help to fill in the declaration;
- explain where and how to obtain EDS, which is required for registration of the declaration in the registry;
- check all documents;
- upload a draft of the declaration with the attached documents to the registry IGIS (you will only need to sign it with your EDS).
Similarly, we are ready to help with the receipt of SGR:
- we will issue the necessary list of documents;
- we organize product testing in an accredited laboratory (the document package includes a test report);
- we will provide support in submitting documents to Rospotrebnadzor and receipt of the document.
If you, as a foreign company, do not have an official representative on the territory of the EEU, we are ready to carry out the conformity assessment procedure on our behalf.
We will coordinate the layout of the product authorization document with you in advance in order to avoid possible errors in it.
The service is provided on the basis of a contract for the function of a foreign manufacturer in terms of ensuring compliance of the supplied products with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union and in terms of liability for non-compliance of the supplied products with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union.